Saturday, July 24, 2004

Kikimusume Episode 1

I'm not sure I can do 16 episodes of this.

First off, let's start with the OP - that's opening theme for those of you who don't watch anime. It's bumpy and scratchy and reminded me of a record of the Chipettes winding down because of dead batteries.

The animation quality isn't that great, but it's probably a TV or VHS rip so actually the fansub group did a pretty good job.

The anime itself is short - only about three minutes long - and was completely disturbing. It's totally about a girl who gets herself into bad situations. This one was her being in a sauna and dislocating her shoulders and legs (???) and not being able to get out. It continues with her trying to use her mouth to open the door, and ending up with a hemmoriage and passing out.

Fred and I were both slightly unsettled by it.

I'm not sure what I think, time to watch the next one, then I'll let you know. We will be watching episodes 2 & 3 back to back, and then I'll post again.

At the end of each post I'm going to post an anime term for those of you who don't really know squat about it, so that some of it makes more sense. Or maybe I'm doing it to fill up posts. Who knows. Let's start with the basics shall we?

Anime – This is a given right? Inside Japan anime is any animated cartoon from anywhere, outside Japan anime refers to Japanese animation. Now you know, and knowing is half the battle.

Current Anime: Ippatu Kikimusume Current Episode: 2 & 3


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home